As Patent Counsel, Andrew Mead represents the firm’s clients in connection with the procurement, maintenance, and enforcement of patent rights. Andrew’s primary focus when working with clients is to help them turn their ideas into successful ventures. He achieves this by counseling on strategies that make sense for clients and allow them to avoid inadvertent infringement of third-party intellectual property rights. His practice includes providing patentability opinions, preparing and filing patent applications, both provisional and full utility and design applications, prosecuting applications through to registration, and negotiating and drafting license agreements for exploitation of registered patents.
Prior to joining the “rank and file” of the bar, Andrew spent 18 years as an engineer and project manager with several electric utilities and consulting firms. In these roles, he supported electric utilities in the design, construction, maintenance, and upgrading of numerous systems in electric power generating plants across the country. While active in the profession, he was a licensed professional engineer in Pennsylvania.
Andrew’s engineering experience, combined with a decade of practicing law, makes him a top-notch patent attorney with a keen understanding of the firm’s clients’ inventions. His aptitude for understanding a wide range of technologies allows him to provide comprehensive counsel and advice to clients as they seek to protect their inventions, and move them into the marketplace.
A Registered Patent Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Andrew is also a member of the American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Lancaster Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Society of Automotive Engineers.
- University of Tennessee, B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- 05 Aug 2013BusinessWoman Magazine’s Xpert Xchange Features Kelley KellerThank you to BusinessWoman Magazine for the invitation to participate in your August 2013 Xpert Xcha...
- 12 Jul 2013Women on Business Selects Kelley Keller to be Legal Blog ContributorKelley Clements Keller, Esq. is excited to share the recent “Breaking News” made by Susan Gunelius,...
- 04 Mar 2013Central Penn Business Journal Announces the 25 Women of Influence for 2013The firm is pleased to announce that Kelley C. Keller, Esq. has been selected by the Central Penn Bu...
- 35 E. High Street,
Carlisle, PA 17013
- (717) 386-5035