Kelley has more than 15 years of experience working with intellectual property matters. She began her career as Director of Continuing Legal Education and International Programs with the National Intellectual Property Law Institute, a non-profit organization in Washington, D.C. In this role, she traveled to nearly two dozen countries working with United States and foreign embassies, and high level government, academic, industry, and judicial personnel around the world on issues related to intellectual property and its relationship to the global trading environment. She also visited numerous research laboratories throughout the country and gained a clear understanding of the technology transfer process from government and university laboratories to the private sector, and relies on that experience in her daily practice of law.
Before, during, and after law school, Kelley spent several years working in intellectual property law firms, including the largest IP boutique, and AmLaw 100 firm, in the United States. During this time, she gained broad experience assisting companies doing business at home and abroad, and international companies entering the U.S. market to protect their intellectual property assets. Her legal work comprised transactions in more than 200 jurisdictions around the world and included mega brands such as DISNEY®, TOYOTA®, SAFEWAY®, VERIZON®, BRIDGESTONE®, and TAKEDA® Pharmaceuticals. In 2010, Kelley moved to Carlisle, Pennsylvania with her husband and opened her practice.
A frequent lecturer on intellectual property issues to entrepreneurs, corporate executives, and other attorneys, Kelley is an active participant in the Cumberland County Bar Association, Cumberland County Inn of Court, Dauphin County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, American Bar Association – Section of Intellectual Property Law, and American Intellectual Property Law Association.
In July 2012, Kelley was selected to participate in the Community Leadership Series Class of 2013 offered by Leadership Harrisburg Area, an educational and experiential course that explores the various systems that affect the quality of life in the Capital Region, including, among others, economic development, justice, and education. In recognition of her efforts to support economic growth in the region, Kelley was named one of Central Pennsylvania’s Top Forty Under 40 by the Central Penn Business Journal in October 2012, and one of the region’s 25 Women of Influence for 2013 for her leadership, significant career accomplishments and community involvement. Currently, Kelley is an active fellow in Leadership Cumberland’s Class of 2014, a leadership development program that focuses on community awareness and involvement in the Cumberland County area.
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., High Distinction
- The Catholic University of America – Columbus School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- King’s College London – Dickson Poon School of Law, Post Graduate Diploma, UK, EU & US Copyright Law (Anticipated 2014)
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- The Business of Naming Your Business: Distinguishing Trademarks and Trade Names and the Battle for Trade Identity in the Digital Age (In Progress, Forthcoming 2014)
- Freeriders at the Drugstore: Generics, Consumer Confusion, and the Public Good, 12 Chi.-Kent J. Intell. Prop. 184 (Fall 2013)
- Economic Espionage and Theft of Trade Secrets: The Case for a Federal Cause of Action, 16 Tulane J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 1 (Summer 2013), co-authored with Brian M.Z. Reece, M.A. Available for NOOK® and KINDLE®.
- The Social Network Station, The Kelley Keller Show, Show Host (Debuting Spring 2014)
- The Social Media Monthly Magazine and Blog, Legal contributor
- BusinessWoman Magazine, Legal contributor
- Women on Business Blog, Legal contributor
- She Owns It! Blog, Featured contributor
- The Vault Career Guide to Law, Contributor, Infobase Publishing, (Forthcoming 2014)
- 05 Aug 2013BusinessWoman Magazine’s Xpert Xchange Features Kelley KellerThank you to BusinessWoman Magazine for the invitation to participate in your August 2013 Xpert Xcha...
- 12 Jul 2013Women on Business Selects Kelley Keller to be Legal Blog ContributorKelley Clements Keller, Esq. is excited to share the recent “Breaking News” made by Susan Gunelius,...
- 04 Mar 2013Central Penn Business Journal Announces the 25 Women of Influence for 2013The firm is pleased to announce that Kelley C. Keller, Esq. has been selected by the Central Penn Bu...
- 35 E. High Street,
Carlisle, PA 17013
- (717) 386-5035